Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cover: Take one

In the book, Anna wears a gold locket that she was given from her father at the age of six after the first bone marrow harvest for Kate. He said to Anna, "Anyone who was giving her sister such a major present deserved one of her own". Because this is such a huge symbol in the novel, I wanted to include it in the cover, but after I started working on the layout I started to feel as if the photography combined with the old style text made it look a little "romance novel-ish". 
This, of course, is not what I was going for, so I'm going to work on either finding another image, or switching directions to a graphic layout. I originally wanted an orange ribbon to represent leukemia, but found the orange silk instead. Now I'm thinking I'll go back to the ribbon idea. If I can't find either a photo or illustration that will work, I suppose I'll play around with an orange background.

No comments:

Post a Comment